At OhYeah!, we’re often talking about the advantages you can get with our products. They deliver on the protein, and they taste great. But there are differences between protein bars and powders to be noted. Sometimes it has to do with time of day, other times it’s simply about personal preference. Here are a few reasons you might be grabbing one over the other.
Healthy Protein Bars
- Protein bars are certainly the most portable of all of our products. Protein bars don’t have liquid that can spill on the way to the gym, and they’re already pre-made so you can enjoy them even if you don’t have anything to mix them with.
- Our OhYeah! protein bars are also a great way to fill you up for longer. While the protein in powdered drinks will help to satisfy your hunger for a time, your digestive system will take longer to process a protein bar. This keeps you feeling satiated longer if you’re using our protein bars as a high-protein, low-carb snack.
- Our protein bars are also the best tasting protein bars out there, and the variety of flavors is off the charts. Take the OhYeah! One Bar, for instance. There are currently 11 flavors to choose from — Chocolate Birthday Cake, Birthday Cake, Almond Bliss, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter Pie, Lemon Cake, Cookies and Crème, Chocolate Brownie, White Chocolate Raspberry, Mint Chocolate, and Cinnamon Roll — and that number is growing all the time!
Speaking of variety, we have four different types of OhYeah! Bars, all filled with protein. Interested in fiber? Choose our Victory Bar. More concerned about keeping the sugar out of your diet? Then you’re looking for a One Bar, which have only one gram of sugar. And if you’re looking for the ultimate taste, you really should try our original recipe OhYeah! Bars. If you’d rather bypass some calories but keep the taste, reach for that Good Grab Bar.
When you want the best in variety and protein, it’s hard to beat our nutrition bars! But there has to be some advantage of a protein powder shake, right? Yep! Here are a few reasons you might choose…
OhYeah! Nutrition Shakes
- As we wrote in a recent blog, the most important time to ingest protein is approximately 30 minutes after a workout. This is the time that your body is craving the amino acids in protein so that it can build your torn muscles back up. Since your body doesn’t have to physically break down a protein shake like it would a protein bar, the protein can get into your bloodstream faster and help rebuild your muscles.
- You sweat when you work out, so it’s always important to replace the water your body is losing. Be sure to drink lots of water during the workout, but afterward a protein shake is a great way to rehydrate your body and make you feel better. Your body is craving fluid, so make sure to listen to it.
- The best protein shakes also provide a psychological advantage by making you feel like you’re cheating! They taste so good and creamy that you’ll think you’re having your treat now, and it might just help you avoid that high-sugar, high-fat, high-calorie real milkshake later!
We hate to sound too much like we’re trying to sell you something, but...why not have both on hand? It seems like you’ll be wanting both nutrition bars and protein shakes on hand for different purposes, so keep them both around for your various activities and workout schedules. Check them all out right here. OhYeah helps you reach total fitness!
Leave a comment